So here we are with last week’s all the news that fits, or doesn’t depends on your mood!
Tom and Katie
Filmdom’s favorite gossip couple have finalized the divorce. That was quick wasn’t it? Katie gets Suri and Tom gets visiting rights and keeps Scientology. The money is a secret, bet it’s a small fortune (millions)
One thing, can you believe Tom is 50? He looks amazing, proves something ‘s right with Dianetics huh?
Sly Stallones’s Son Found Dead
Here’s some sad news it’s always a shame to relate; following a great Comic-Con panel for “The Expendables 2,” Sylvester Stallone learned that his son, Sage Stallone, has died. The 36-year-old was found dead at his apartment in Hollywood.
Sources claim that Sage likely passed away following an overdose of pills, which were found at his home, but it is currently unclear if his death was a suicide or accidental.
An LAPD spokesperson confirmed that Sage was found dead alone after police carried out a “welfare check” when someone couldn’t establish contact with him. “There is no suspicion of foul play or criminal activity,” a representative added.
Sage made his acting debut opposite his father in “Rocky V,” playing the role of Rocky’s son Robert Balboa. He appeared with his dad again in “Daylight,” and went on to direct, produce and write.
Marvel Unveils Post-”Avengers” Film Slate, “Iron Man 3″ Villain, “Captain America 2″ and “Thor 2″ Titles, Plus Concept Art and Footage
Marvel promised that it would reveal lots of information about its upcoming slate of movies. And this weekend, the studio unveiled everything that fans have been wondering about, including the movies that will be part of Phase Two (movies between “The Avengers” and “The Avengers 2″).
* “Iron Man 3″ is set for May 3rd, 2013.
* “Thor: The Dark World” (new title) is set for November 8th, 2013.
* “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” (new title) is set for April 4th, 2014.
* “Guardians of the Galaxy” is set for August 1st, 2014.
* “Ant-Man” is the last film, but a release date has yet to be announced.
* “Iron Man 3″ director Shane Black confirmed that the villain will be The Mandarin and will played by Ben Kingsley. (Can’t wait, Rob Downey and Sir Ben, that’ll be classic!)
* First “Iron Man 3″ footage was screened. It shows Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) testing out his new suit, which looks like it’s got the Extremis technology since he summons it by pointing his hands at it. He struggles a bit, but eventually gets the suit on. He then jokes around with Happy Hogan (Jon Favreau), who complains about Stark spending time with the “Super Friends.” Then a strange, ominous voice says: “Some call me a terrorist, but I consider myself a teacher… lesson number one: there are no heroes.” Suddenly, there’s an aerial assault on Stark’s Malibu mountaintop mansion, which crumbles and slides into the ocean. As each Iron Man suit explodes one by one, Stark is thrown into the ocean wearing the last suit. The voice continues: “As you cry for mercy … you will be silenced.” We then finally get a glimpse at two hands wearing 10 rings and a shot of Kingsley in flowing robes and hair, sitting on his throne.
* “Guardians of the Galaxy” will be the fourth post-”Avengers” film and will contain characters Groot, Drax, Gamorra, Star Lord and Rocket Raccoon. The first concept art was revealed. Check it out below.
* Edgar Wright unveiled “Ant-Man” test footage, which takes place in a long hallway with two “Matrix”-type agents at one end. The camera moves down the hall, revealing a tiny man, Ant-Man. He runs toward the agents. They don’t see him. He then quickly grows to full human size. They begin shooting, so he once again shrinks and jumps into the shaft of the gun, coming out the other side to punch the agent in the face. Ant-Man then gets big again and flips the other agent over. He then hops on an elevator that just arrived. Ant-Man’s suit resembles a military exoskeleton. His face is completely covered and has an apparatus on his mouth.
Fun fun fun eh?
Jessica Biel is Viper in “Wolverine” Sequel
In the upcoming “Wolverine” sequel that will take the title character (Hugh Jackman) to Japan. Now comes word that Jessica Biel has joined the movie as Victoria/Viper.
In the Marvel comic books, Viper bounces between good and not so good and she holds some sway over Wolverine, but is mostly a foe to the X-Men and Avengers. This is the second Marvel project for Biel, who also starred in 2004′s “Blade Trinity.”
The new movie finds Logan (Jackman), the eternal warrior and outsider, in Japan. There, samurai steel clashes with adamantium claws as Logan confronts a mysterious figure from his past in an epic battle that will leave him forever changed. “Wolverine” is slated to hit theaters on July 26, 2013.
Woman sues Justin Bieber for $9.2 million
A mother from Oregon, claims her ears were injured in a sound blast when she attended the young singer’s concert in Portland in July 2010. She now suffers from tinnitus, which is ringing of the ears, and hyperacusis, which is hypersensitivity to sound. Betts says that at the concert, Bieber climbed into a heart-shaped gondola that was pulled over the crowd. She claims that the sound blast was then caused by Bieber when he “enticed the crowd into a frenzy of screams by continuously waving his arms in a quick and upward motion,” creating a “wave-like effect of screaming.” This sound blast is what she believes caused permanent damage to both her ears. Although Betts says Bieber was the “sound conductor” of the blast, she is also suing Bieber’s label, Island Def Jam Music Group; the concert promoter; and the arena for “loss of quality of life, severe tinnitus, hyperacusis and permanent disability and impairment to both of her ears.”
Good thing she never went to a “Who” concert back in the day or she’d really have something to complain about, I did but it didn’t affect me, what’s that you say? I didn’t hear you!
Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler confirm American Idol exit
It has finally been confirmed by JLo on Idol host Ryan Seacrest’s radio show. “I honestly feel like the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other things that I do,” said Lopez. “Something has to give.” Following Steven Tyler’s announcement that he will be leaving the show, Idol will yet again have to reinvent itself behind the judges table. Season 12 of the show could end up bringing a whole new set of faces to Idol’s judging panel because recently, it has been said that judge Randy Jackson, who has been on the panel since the show started, will also be leaving. (That I will believe when I see it) Stars such as past Idol runner-up Adam Lambert, singer Mariah Carey and pop idol Katy Perry have all been suggested as possible replacements.
Oh I know, how about Simon Cowell and Paula Abdul?, oh wait a minute that’s right they have their own shows now don’t they.
Next on the list of terrorist items you won’t be allowed to have: Model Airplanes
An American Al-Qaeda supporter plotting to bomb the Pentagon and Capitol using explosives-laden model planes faces 17 years in prison, a federal prosecutor said at the trial Tuesday. Rezwan Ferdaus, 26, will be sentenced on July 20, after pleading guilty to attempting to destroy the Washington landmarks and seeking to provide material support to terrorists, according to federal prosecutor Carmen Ortiz.
Ron Perlman himself once again dressing up as Hellboy to make a young boys wish come true.
This is a really touching story involving Ron Perlman himself once again dressing up as Hellboy to make a young boys wish come true. Zachary is six, and is currently being treated for leukemia and Ron went above and beyond to make this wish a reality.
In the past three weeks, Spectral Motion has been honored to host two wonderful Make-A-Wish children, Caleb and Zachary. Zachary loved his visit for two very special reasons. It was Zachary’s wish to meet Hellboy and also to become Hellboy. When the Make-A-Wish Foundation contacted Spectral Motion with this request, Mike thought it would be fantastic to have Ron Perlman reprise his role for the day. Ron loved the idea and donned the makeup once more (with the assistance of Lufeng Qu and Eden Elizalde) and also ordered a Hellboy sized meal of burgers, shakes, and fries for Zachary and his family and the entire Spectral crew to enjoy. Later in the day, Zachary was transformed into Hellboy with the assistance of makeup artists Lufeng Qu and Neil Winn. Both of the Make-A-Wish days were a complete thrill for the families of the children, as well as for the crew at Spectral Motion!
The trailer for Sam Raimi’s ‘Oz,The Great and Powerful’ includes a sober James Franco and a stoned Tim Burton
Sam Raimi’s take on the ‘Wizard of Oz’ universe is taking shape nicely. By the trailer, you can definitely tell people who work with Tim Burton are working on this film with Raimi. When Oscar Diggs (James Franco), a small-time circus magician with dubious ethics, is hurled away from dusty Kansas to the vibrant Land of Oz, he thinks he’s hit the jackpot-fame and fortune are his for the taking-that is until he meets three witches, Theodora (Mila Kunis), Evanora (Rachel Weisz) and Glinda (Michelle Williams), who are not convinced he is the great wizard everyone’s been expecting.
In honor of Patrick Stewart’s birthday, here’s a list of his top ten performances. “Shaka, when the walls fell”
Today Sir Patrick Stewart turns 72, and before wishing him a very happy birthday, we reminisced a little on his long-running career. Whether it’s in a film, TV show, or voice appearance, Stewart never disappoints. We chose our favorite appearances by one of today’s most talented actors.
10.Sejanus I, Claudius
I, Claudius was a mini-series on the history of the Roman Empire, full of intrigue, murder, plotting and yes, even incest. It also featured a young Mr. Stewart (with hair, no less) as the imperial bodyguard Sejanus. But the real highlight, as we all know, is seeing Patrick Stewart in a proper Roman helmet.
9. Narrator, Ted
Although it was a small role, Stewart’s narration of Ted’s prologue was a treat for moviegoers. With the exception of Morgan Freeman, would you want anyone else narrating your life?
8. Ebenezer Scrooge, A Christmas Carol
A Christmas Carol is a Charles Dickens classic and a must-watch for many around the holidays. It’s been recreated time after time with a different cast and a few tweaks, but few can compare to the 1999 version. Stewart delivers a performance that recasts Scrooge as a believable character rather than a over-the-top caricature.
7. King Claudius, Hamlet
Shakespeare’s classic tale of murder and revenge has seen many lives, but few have been as great as the BBC’s version. Stewart nailed the role of Claudius, Hamlet’s treacherous uncle who murders his father and marries his mother.
6. King Richard, Robin Hood: Men in Tights
Another small but memorable role for Stewart, King Richard appears at the end of Men in Tights, just in time to put an end to Prince John’s foul doings in humorous and original ways. Stewart flexes his comedic muscle, proving that he’s more than an elegant speaker with a knack for Shakespeare.
5. Avery Bullock, American Dad!, Family Guy
Avery Bullock is the kind of boss we’d like to—well, not have, but definitely hear about from our friends. His strict, teacher/parent punishment of his CIA employees, crazy antics and excellent one-liners make him a must-love on the show.
4. Emperor Uriel Septim, The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Certain game titles have a certain majesty about them, and The Elder Scrolls have always been right at the top of that list. Stewart’s many roles as royalty show, and though his role is brief, its as well-delivered and impressive as any play or movie.
3. Number One, The Simpsons: “Homer the Great”
In season six, Homer joins a secret society called the Stonecutters, a group that loves ass-paddle hazing and singing. Stewart lends his voice as the group’s leader, Number One, and delivers one of the show’s best guest performances to date. Attach the stone of triumph to this one.
2. Professor X, X-Men Series
Bald guys have never looked so cool. Stewart brings class and style to the role of the wheelchair-bound, telepathic professor. Even with the goofy brain helmet, Patrick Stewart as Professor X is a character you can’t help but love and respect.
1. Jean-Luc Picard Stark Trek: The Next Generation (multiple episodes/films)
Perhaps the role he’s most famous for, Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard quickly stole the hearts of fans everywhere. Thanks to his Shakespearean background, Stewart brings dignity and elegance to the role, crafting a character that’s intense, likable and very human. And who else could make “engage” sound so damn cool?